We are delighted to be working in partnership with BSW Timber. The UK’s leading integrated timber manufacturers on this exciting new role of Agronomy Manager.
The company is going through an exciting phase of growth with a new senior management team in a sector that is at the forefront of the countries solutions to climate change and the environment.
As Manager you will lead the Agronomy team and work closely with the existing management team and staff, to ensure the crops are raised to the highest standard of quality for their customers.
About our Client.
This particular role is located at Fields Farm, Bronington on the Welsh Borders. This site is part of a bigger group and produces an extensive range of commercial forestry and native broadleaf species, marketing approximately 28 million trees a year to customers throughout the UK and Europe.
They are currently in the development stages of establishing a significant nursery operation in Scotland.
They lead the UK in developing trees of the future through scientific research and applied science in the areas of somatic embryogenesis and vegetive propagation.
About the Role
If you are successful, you will ensure that we deliver high quality crops on an intensive, large scale, while commercially sustainable within strict parameters of cost and time. You will work closely with Managers to advise on the right crop treatment regimens as part of a varied job role which will include:
· Leading our Agronomy team to ensure that we effectively monitor the growth of all of our crops.
· Plan plant protection and nutrition of crops.
· Develop and deliver field trials for pesticides and other crop treatments.
· Manage our Vegetative Propagation process and work closely with our Science R & D team to take their work on Somatic Embryogenesis into production at scale.
· Understand the legislative requirements and ensure that we comply with the latest regulations in relation to plant treatments.
· Work closely with the other parts of the business to input into our long-term planning process.
Our successful candidate must have a BASIS Qualification as well as a degree in forestry/agricultural or a similar subject.
You must also have experience in managing and monitoring Agronomy on an intensive large scale in an agricultural/horticultural setting.
Any experience of commercial growth in a forest nursery environment will also be an advantage.
In return, we offer an attractive salary and benefits package, plus first-class opportunities for personal and career development within our expanding nursery operations.
Our client always strives for excellence so if you can bring us relevant qualifications and experience to help us achieve this then we would like to hear from you.