Job Title – Design / Architect Technician
Hours – Full time, permanent
Salary – up to £38k
Location - Troon
Our client is a leading Timber Frame and Roof Truss manufacturer. They are a growing and expanding business therefore are recruiting to further develop our Design team. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Timber Frame and will be responsible for the design of timber frame structures while working closely with the client, client representatives and internal production team. Our clients range from private individuals to the most prestigious national building and construction companies.
- Preparation of technical and construction drawings, details all in line with project budgets.
- Identifying and managing risk through proper coordination of design information in line with project programmes.
- Co-ordinate with external consultants and suppliers to ensure consistent designs are delivered.
- Produce detailed construction information suitable for site teams to deliver built product without compromise to programme, quality, health & safety and cost.
- Provide suitable support to site teams to ensure compliance with statutory requirements (planning, building control etc) and to identify improvements in construction detailing and techniques.
- Strong design awareness combined with a proven capability for producing manufacturing information to a high standard.
- 2 years post qualification experience preferably from a timber design background however transferrable skills would be accepted.
- Knowledge of current Scottish Planning & Building Standards Regulations.
- Sound awareness of CDM Regs. and NHBC Standards
- Experience of working with Auto Cad and MS Office suite is essential.
- Keen team player willing to buy into the culture of a growing company
- A salary of up to £38,000 depending on experience
- Holiday entitlement
- Generous pension contribution
- Progression and career development opportunities
Interested? Apply today!