Huge Opportunity in Dumfries!
We are recruiting for 3 skilled Electrical Engineers to support the maintenance and repair of equipment and services at our client's Dumfries manufacturing facility. As part of a multi-disciplined team you will be required to undertake scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on equipment, supporting reliable and efficient running.
The role is based in Dumfries. At present this role is on a shift basis, day, back and night shift, rotating weekly Mon-Fri, working 37.5 hours per week.
What you will be doing
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Adhere to systems and procedures in place for Equipment, Health, Safety, and Environment.
· Help plan and undertake scheduled maintenance for equipment and services.
· Ensure preventative maintenance and service schedules are completed on time following manufacturers technical literature and internal procedures.
Respond to breakdowns, diagnosing and repairing faults in a timely manner to ensure production downtime is kept to a minimum.
· Participate in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) of fault finding and diagnostic actions to prevent re-occurrence of similar issues.
Liaise with technical support for specialised equipment as required to assist in fault diagnosis and repair.
Carry out statutory electrical checks on safety, fire and other systems as scheduled.
Assist in new Equipment installation onsite.
Liaise with external contractors as required.
Manage and request equipment spare parts, general MRO, highlighting low stock.
Where required maintain records for equipment, services, buildings, fixtures, and fittings.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Completed a recognised apprenticeship in Control or Electrical Engineering discipline and hold relevant certification i.e. 17th or 18th Edition.
· General working knowledge of PLC’s, AC / DC Motors & Drives and 3 phase electrical systems.
· Previous experience working in a high volume, multi shift, manufacturing site.
· Works well under pressure
· Ability to prioritise and manage workload
· Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
· Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
· Good communication skills both verbal and written
· Flexible to shift pattern changes to suit business needs