We are delighted to be working with a fast-growing innovative business which designs, builds, operates, maintains, and finances low carbon district energy networks and building energy systems for communities. They work with local authorities, developers, house builders and property owners to reduce costs, energy consumption and carbon emissions through innovative design and proactive intelligence led system operations and optimisation.
Reporting to the Commercial Director and the board, you will lead and develop the commercial design and build team of estimators and quantity surveyors. As part of the senior team, you will lead and develop their commercial strategy and have overall responsibility of the commercial delivery of their design and build projects which range from single energy centre installations through to large city wide new build and retrofit district heating schemes typically of £3m - £50m project value.
About the role –
Predominantly overseeing the commercial delivery of new energy projects during the pre-construction and build phases working with and supported by the wider team, which will include:
- Reviewing pricing undertaken by estimators for new tender opportunities
- Hands on approach providing support in new bids, cost estimation, pricing of projects at bid stage, quantities take off, sending enquiries etc.
- Advising on the sales and growth strategy of the business
- Overall responsibility for supply chain management and development.
- Working closely with the Head of PreConstruction to prepare and resource new projects for construction
- Working closely with the Head of Construction for undertaking monthly performance review of all D&B projects across Pinnacle Power’s portfolio.
- Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
- Oversight and lead as required on:
- Monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales and monitor project cash flow forecasts.
- Value, submit and negotiate contract variations and project final accounts.
- Procurement and tendering sub-contract packages for on-going projects.
- Commercial vetting of subcontractor tenders and contracts.
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts
- Dispute resolution and negotiation
- Ensure that business commercial processes are adhered to at project level.
- Quarterly reporting of the performance of D&B projects to the Board of Directors and the Group COGS.
About you –
They are looking for someone who is organised, energetic, self-motivated and able to lead, inspire manage and develop the commercial team. The company has a fast growth, so they are looking for flexibility and enthusiasm to help us grow. You will work as part of the senior management team and contribute to the wider development and direction of the business as well as taking ownership of their own team and tasks.
You will need to be comfortable communicating with team members, clients, and clients’ engineers and with contractors and specialist suppliers. You will be personable and a good communicator.
They will want you to join their journey toward a more environmentally and technically responsible and effective way of delivering energy systems, moving away from conventional processes into a more innovative and free-thinking environment.
- Professional outlook with excellent communication skills.
- A wealth of experience in providing high quality cost planning, quantity surveying and cost management services in construction projects of up to c. £30mil.
- Ideally you will be Chartered – MRICS.
- Ability to influence and successfully deliver within a client facing role.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Confidence to work autonomously and within a team is essential.
- Experience of working across various forms of contract particularly JCT and NEC.
- Ability for team working, influencing and networking.
- Good problem solving with an acute attention to detail.
- Excellent communicator with welldeveloped interpersonal skills across all levels of management.
- Formal qualifications in estimating / quantity surveying / engineering or related discipline to degree or postgraduate level.
- Substantial postgraduate experience, ideally within an M&E Contractor or Quantity Surveying practice.
- Commercial & contractual understanding of construction with a focus to mechanical services.
- Reasonable understanding and awareness of UK engineering and construction regulations and standards, including CDM.
What is in it for you?
In return for your expertise, knowledge and commitment, you can expect the following
- A salary of £80k+ depending on experience and skills
- Discretionary bonus (up to 20%)
- Location is fully flexible as they are delivering projects UK wide however you must be willing and available to travel to sites across the UK, no more than a day or 2 per week if required.
- Company laptop, mobile phone and any other equipment required
- Continued learning, development and career progression opportunities
Interested? Apply today by sending you CV and a cover letter outlining why you would be the perfect fit!