Job Title - Industrial & Specialist Door Service Engineer
Hours – Full time, 39 hours with overtime always available
Location – Nottingham
Salary – Varied depending on salary, basic of £30k, OTE of £50k.
Established for over 100 years, our client has an excellent reputation for providing custom steel door solutions for the most challenging of projects. As a company who designs, manufactures, services and installs acoustic doors, fire doors, temp controlled doors and industrial doors – they have an ever growing team and are now looking for a Service Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
The Role –
- To service our clients and other manufacturers doors at customer sites, including specialist acoustic doors, freezer doors and industrial doors. Mechanical and electrical work involved.
- Commission the clients doors.
- Work safely and adhere to risk assessments and method statements.
- Work at heigh, erect mobile towers and operate MEWP.
- Liaise and communicate well with colleagues and customers to ensure successful fault finding and repair, planned maintenance or commissioning and handover.
About you –
- Knowledge and experience of servicing and repairing industrial and specialist doors including roller shutters, sectional overhead doors, rapid rise roll up doors, horizontal and vertical sliding doors.
- Mechanical engineering skills
- CSCS card
- Ability to communicate well with customers and colleagues at all levels
- Fault finding and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to build scaffold, operate a MEWP and work safely at heights.
- 17th or 18th edition would be very advantageous
- ESC card of equivalent (preferable)
- IPAF and PASMA qualifications (preferable)
- Door and Hardware Federation Safety certificate (preferable)
- Competent electrician, capable of installing containment, running mains cabling and control circuits. Terminating same accurately and to a high standard.
- Understand wiring diagrams and be able to service door motors and controls.
- Familiar with safety requirements of common door types EG safety devices/anti fall back devices.
The benefits –
- Basic salary of £30k (£14p/h whilst travelling, £16.47p/h when on site)
- OTE of £50,000
- Company van provided
- Mobile phone
- 32 days including bank holidays
- Employee wellbeing and discounts
Interested? Apply today!