JOB TITLE: Lead Assessor – Fire Door Inspection Scheme
SALARY: £40K - £45K
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed term contract. (12 months with an opportunity to become permanent)
LOCATION: Homebased, with travel across the UK
WORKING HOURS: Full-time position working 35 hours per week. (Flexibility is a must)
We are proud to be working in partnership with national growing company whose aim is to transform people’s knowledge about how and why fire doors work and the potential dangers of getting it wrong. Our client has been very successful to date, sitting with a pass rate of 87%.
We are on the lookout for a trustworthy and self-motivated experienced Lead Assessor.
Reporting to the Scheme Manager you will be responsible for formally assessing fire door inspectors under the FDIS certification scheme. You will play a primary role in ensuring that both new and existing certificated FDIS inspectors meet the required competence standards set out in the scheme documents.
The role requires you to work closely with the Scheme Manager and administration function of the business. You will be responsible for ensuring that all candidates are competent to carry out fire door inspections via an initial assessment and ongoing re-assessments.
· To be the lead assessor reviewing candidate evidence portfolios and providing written feedback
· To be the lead assessor carrying out on-site assessments and examinations
· To make certification recommendations on assessed candidates to the Scheme Manager
· To effectively manage the scheduling and delivery of on-site assessments and exams
· Liaise with the Scheme Manager and administration staff regarding portfolio and on-site assessment service schedules and delivery
· To effectively manage your time and coordinate your travel across the UK
· To maintain appropriate assessment records for candidates and for internal and external audits
· Submit written assessment records to the Scheme Manager within the designated timescale
· To work in accordance with all FDIS quality assurances procedures
· To technically peer review and monitor any sub-contractor assessor work
· To carry out on-site monitoring visits when required
· To maintain knowledge relating to fire door inspections, including standards and regulations for the Purpose of assessment and guidance to existing certificated inspectors
· Participate in FDIS reviews and represent FDIS in sector working groups
· Promote the FDIS scheme and inform potential customers of FDIS inspectors, about the benefit of using certificated fire door inspectors
· As part of the FDIS quality assurance process, annually review a sample of the approved FDIS inspector reports and CPD records
· Review question sets and write new examination questions for candidates
· Monitoring and auditing of scheme documentation and processes, taking an active role in the continual improvement of the FDIS certification scheme
· The postholder will be required to focus on quality and continuous service improvement
What you need.
· Full UK driving license, own vehicle with business insurance is essential
· Certifications an advantage including D32/D33, A1, CAVA, TAQA, NOCN
· Fire door inspection and assessment experience
· Fire door industry-specific experience – testing, installation and/or production
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office
· Knowledge of relevant standards and regulatory requirements
· Key Competencies
· Strong attention to detail
· Solid communication skills (both verbal and written) as it will be necessary to liaise with numerous parties, internal and external, via telephone and email
· Planning and Organising
· Sound and ethical assessment and evaluation skills
· Personal integrity
· Decision-making skills
· Customer service orientation preferably in a membership and/or training/education environment
· Organised and able to work to strict deadlines
· Effective interaction with stakeholders
· Enthusiasm for continued professional development
What’s in it for you.
· You will be joining a small company and a growing team where you will have the opportunity to really contribute, develop and expand on the company’s growth plan.
· Equipment such as Laptop and mobile phone etc.
· All expenses paid
· 25 days (plus bank holidays)
To apply for the role please send you CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org