Job title: Operations Manager
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: up to 65k + performance bonus
Location preferred in Greenwich, London however role will require time on site adopting new sites local to London and further afield
We are delighted to be working with a fast-growing innovative business which designs, builds, operates, maintains, and finances low-carbon district energy networks and building energy systems for communities. Who works with local authorities, developers, house builders and property owners to reduce costs, energy consumption and carbon emissions through innovative design and proactive intelligence-led system operations and optimisation.
Our client is looking to add an Operations Manager to their team who will be the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of all our Heat Networks. You will also be responsible for the financial performance of each site. This will be achieved with the assistance of your team of O&M Site Managers.
As Operations Manager you will join the company’s journey towards a more environmentally and technically responsible and effective delivery of energy systems, moving away from conventional processes into a more innovative and free-thinking environment.
You and your team will oversee planned preventative maintenance and corrective & reactive works across all sites, as well as developing performance projects to improve network efficiency, extend network lifetime and decarbonise our fleet of heat networks.
You will also provide technical support and advice to our plant maintenance teams. It is an exciting time for the O&M business – we are growing rapidly. We are one of the biggest operators of heat networks in the country.
About the role –
- Responsible for the safe & effective operation of a fleet of district heating sites
- Minimise network operational downtime & maximising plant availability
- Management of supply chain management for specialist services and call-out contracts
- Management & technical support to operation and maintenance team providing support and leadership.
- Management of site operational budgets & reporting against business KPIs
- Support development and champion competency growth within the team of engineers
- Continually improve operating procedures and ensure they are being adhered to
- Ensure information systems are operated to the required standard to maintain accurate and secure records.
- Identify areas to improve operational performance and management of subsequent energy centre upgrade works
- Reporting to O&M clients, ensuring monthly reports are prepared in a timely manner and accurate in their contact
- Proactively build on customer relationships, report to and follow up future sales opportunities with existing customers/ opportunities.
- Support the development of new customer offers with technical, operational, and pricing input.
- Provide a safe working environment and promote an attitude of safety awareness of all plant personnel including actively ensuring the safety of others.
- Assure the contractual requirements of the O&M Agreement are met through compliance with site procedures, government regulations and the relevant documentation
About you –
We are looking for an Operations Manager who has a positive track record, someone who can empower the team and deliver results with a performance-centred culture. It will be necessary to be a good communicator, both internally within the team and wider company but also as the face of the company when liaising with our external clients.
You will be organised and self-starting, a reliable figurehead within the O&M department.
Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
You will have the following or equivalent:
· Technical understanding of both site and theoretical heat networks.
· Technical qualifications in an engineering/operations management or related discipline to degree level and/or equivalent experience relevant to the role are required
· Demonstrable relevant practical industry experience, preferably in district heating.
· Proven track record in implementing operational performance improvement initiatives
· Membership in an appropriate professional body preferred
· Good commercial acumen within the Energy, District Heating and Power Industry
· NEBOSH, IOSH or similar preferred
· Understanding of BMS/SCADA systems and/or energy software programming
· Proven leadership and people management skills
· Decision maker and ability to work under emergency conditions and difficulties
· Ideally have demonstrated strong managerial, technical, and administrative ability.
- Performance bonus
- Holidays 33 days
- Company pension
- Company phone, laptop etc.
- The compact nature of the business and our rapid growth means that you will have a significant opportunity to develop your technical experience and soft skills in a friendly and supportive environment.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Our client is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
To apply please send your cover letter and cv to Sasha@talentogroup.co.uk or if you don’t have a cv and cover letter prepared, contact us and we can schedule a call followed by a first-stage video interview.