We are delighted to be working in partnership with BSW Timber. The UK’s leading integrated timber manufacturers on this exciting new role of Science Research and Development Manager.
The company is going through an exciting phase of growth with a new senior management team in a sector that is at the forefront of the countries solutions to climate change and the environment.
About Our Client.
This particular role is located at Fields Farm, Bronington on the Welsh Borders.
BSW Timber, produces an extensive range of commercial forestry and native broadleaf species, marketing approximately 28 million trees a year to customers throughout the UK and Europe.
They are currently in the development stages of establishing a significant nursery operation in Scotland.
They lead the UK in developing trees of the future through scientific research and applied science in the areas of somatic embryogenesis and vegetive propagation.
About the Role.
As Science Research & Development Manager you will continue the exciting work and build on the investment our client has made over many years. The role offers varied tasks such as;
· Continuing the research, development, and applied science that we have done to develop trees with improved genetic make-up.
· To continue and develop our considerable success in Somatic Embryogenesis.
· Identify treatments to ensure our trees are healthy.
· Follow the latest scientific research into forestry and genetics.
· Continue and develop our various research project and relationships with Universities both in the UK and abroad.
· Support the development of field trials for herbicide, pesticide and other crop treatments
· Represent Maelor on appropriate trade bodies and forums.
· Support the customer team in communicating the value of our scientific research to our customer base.
Our successful candidate must have a degree in relevant forestry or science-based subject. You should have some experience in people management, be able to communicate clearly at all levels and have a strong interest in the subject areas of forestry, genetics, and the environment.
In return, BSW Timber will offer an attractive salary and benefits package, plus first-class opportunities for personal and career development.
Our client always strives for excellence so if you can bring us relevant qualifications and experience to help us achieve this then we would like to hear from you.