SALARY:£40k - £43K depending on experience + benefits
HOMEBASED: This role can be office or homebased, with travel expected across the UK.
HOURS:35 hrs, 9.00am – 5.00pm
We are delighted to be working in partnership with the trade association for the woodworking and joinery manufacturing industry in the UK. Who provide a voice for the woodworking sector in the UK – influencing policy, regulations and standards.
Our client offers advice, support and regulatory information to our members, as well as guidance for those looking to specify timber products for their home or for commercial projects.
We are looking for a trustworthy and self-motivated experienced individual who has worked within the timber manufacturing sector to join our clients existing team. As Technical Officer will work closely with the Technical Director ensuring members can gain help and advice covering a number of core key areas such as technical help, health and safety and regulatory requirements. The Technical Officer will also be responsible for the management and operational side of our clients Code of Conduct and auditing of their various industry schemes.
The role is a critical liaison point between new and existing members, internal team, our stakeholders, our regulators and also in establishing new programmes and services.
To be successful for this tole you will be a hands individual that will have knowledge of building relationships, account management, excellent written and verbal communication skills, some knowledge of health and safety in a manufacturing environment and some understanding of auditing processes.
· Day-to-day management and administration of the company Code of Conduct Scheme
· Carrying out Code of Conduct audits and following up with the member to ensure they are compliant
· To work with the Technical Director, Membership Manager and Scheme Manager to ensure technical support and guidance meets the needs of the federation members.
· To attend Technical Meetings and support the Technical Director in the development of any new technical publications and best practise guides
· Managing and answering member technical enquires in line with company procedures
· Manage the ongoing H&S enquiries and to produce any guidance when required
· Representing the company at various industrymeetings
· Carry out new member visits to ensure potential members are aware of why they are joining the federation
· Aligning company activity with wider timberpromotion
· Carry out scheme audits and develop new auditing tools and processes
The list above is not exhaustive but provides an overview of this challenging and highly rewarding role.
· At least 5 years working in the woodworking and joinery manufacturing industry
· The ability to coordinate numerous jobs through project management, ensuring all work is on brief and delivered on schedule is essential
· Strong writing, and analytical skills with sharp attention to detail
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact confidently and effectively at all levels and with multiple stakeholders
· Team player with a positive and collaborative approach to working
· Highly computer literate and proficient in IT systems
· Knowledge / experience of a membership services organisation / experience of joinery/construction products.
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com